I created my first TARDIS PSD in Photoshop in early 2009. The result was okay, but I didn't spend as much time on screen accuracy as I would have liked, so I never released it. I ended up creating a new one
for the TARDIS regeneration to the 2010 series. This was much more accurate, and is in my gallery. By now I've gone back to my original 2009 PSD and edited the hell out of it to come up with this fascinating
version of the War Doctor's TARDIS. Not perfect, but very close to the prop dimensions - and it looks cool as hell. Hope you enjoy!
Will likely be editing the 2010 TARDIS PSD for better textures and shading, as well as releasing the 2009 TARDIS PSD sometime in the future.RULES:
You're welcome to use this for any
project, be they personal or commercial (however, you should know that commercial use of a "TARDIS" infringes the rights of the BBC, as it's their legal copyright and trademark.)
I ask only that you do not under any circumstances repackage and/or sell this .PSD file for your own personal gain. It's meant to be free! Take a peek at the Creative Commons license.
Some help for everyone before downloading this PSD:
1) This PSD is large-res and thus a very big download (37.8 MB file size / 279.8 MB in Photoshop).
2) A read me Layer is included. Please read it before deleting!
3) This PSD has a massive amount of (labeled) Grouped and Single layers. If you're a PS beginner this might be confusing to you.
4) This PSD has custom Layer Styles on almost every layer. If you're a PS beginner this might be confusing to you.
5) If you want to edit the top signage you'll need the font "Futura" installed. I cannot supply this to you.
6) I have included a folder group that contains the entire TARDIS seen in the preview above, already merged and color adjusted for quick access.
7) All wear and tear distressing were done by hand - the layers are included.
11th Doctor TARDIS .PSD